Tuesday 3 February 2015

Fresh Ideas From Interacting With Children



One of the many things I enjoy doing with my four year old daughter is playing "Couch Club". We interact with some of her stuffed animals on the couch and come up with all kinds of adventures that we share together. This image that I drew in my iPad on Procreate -- an excellent app -- is of the Forest Witch and a couple of the forest animals she takes care of. She is a good witch. Of course there is a bad witch in our stories but I haven't drawn her yet. 

We have so much fun with this and our stories get as epic as anything you would find in "The Lord of the Rings" or "The Chronicles of Narnia". So take some time with your children to get lost in another world to prepare them for the great adventures and battles that lie ahead in the real world. 

It also helps me as an artist come up with fresh ideas for future story books.

No comments:

Post a Comment